It has been a long time without a post. It is not because I did not want to, but I have been very busy converting applications from windows to web. SaaS is the new buzz word with many companies and has many pros and cons. The hardest is for the customers to give up control and trust the companies. I have gained a new understanding in why the resistance to change. Two of the biggest is privacy and the lack of ability to touch ones own data or even given up the security of their data to a 3rd party company.
The best advice I can give a customer is:
- Trust the process, but trust goes two ways
- Ask lots of questions
- Review the security protocols
- Embrace change, you will get updates quicker
- Join the user groups and be involved
- Express concerns, needs and desires